Monday, October 27, 2008

Disc Brake Bracket

Overhead view of the brake unit ...
in the lower part of the foto ...
diagonally left and up from the maroon knob ...
you see a slot (or part of one) that the rotor disc fits into.
This unit clamps the rotor disc between 2 pads
to force the axle to stop.

This is the disc brake unit off my EZ-Speedster ...
Needed to adapt it so that I can mount it on the DW trike.
I discovered that when properly positioned, I couldn't reach these allen head screws. So, I built this little 90 degree bracket which can be screwed to 2 other tabs that are welded to the frame. This allows me to place this unit vertically down over the disc rotor
and screw it in place.
The fun part will be getting it all to work together ...
without the rotor wobbling too much ...

No comments: